Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s town hall meeting tour is finished, but other state officials will go back on the road for five public forums to explain and get feedback on a key part of federal health reform.
The 90-minute meetings will address the health insurance exchange, a marketplace for health insurance that will offer a choice of health plans, establish rules for pricing and offering health insurance, and provide information for consumers about their options. Each state must have an exchange in place by 2014 under the federal health reform law.
The forums are aimed at letting residents weigh in on the exchange design and providing information about its purpose and functions. The schedule:
- April 25, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Danbury City Hall council chambers, 155 Deer Hill Ave.
- April 27, 6:30 to 8 p.m., New London Public Library, 63 Huntington St.
- Thursday, May 5, 7 to 8:30 p.m., New Haven City Hall, 165 Church St.
- Monday, May 9, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Hartford Public Library, 500 Main St.
- Tuesday, May 17, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Windham Middle School, 123 Quarry St.
More information about the exchange planning process is available at www.ct.gov/opm/exchangegrant.