The Connecticut Mirror’s Advertising Acceptability Guidelines
The Connecticut Mirror accepts “underwriting” messages (i.e., advertising) that aligns with our mission of informing and promoting civic engagement, and subject to these guidelines:
• All advertising must include the name of the organization paying for the ad.
• Maximum served advertising file size is 250 KB.
• The Mirror reserves the right to label an advertisement with the word “advertisement” when, in its opinion, this is necessary to make clear the distinction between editorial material and advertising.
• Advertising is sold on a non-discriminatory basis.
• The Mirror does not accept advertising on behalf of or in opposition to a candidate or slate of candidates for elective office, whether placed by a candidate, political party, PAC, corporation, individual or other entity. This prohibition also applies to issue-based advertising that is closely identified with a particular candidate or candidates.
• In addition, The Mirror reserves the right to refuse any advertising for any reason at its sole discretion. Reasons for declining advertising include but are not limited to:
• Advertising that is misleading, inaccurate or fraudulent, makes unfair competitive claims, or that fails to comply with its standards of decency.
• Advertising that violates laws dealing with such matters as libel, copyright and trademark, the right to privacy, the sale of securities, the sale of real estate.
• Advertising that attacks other people or groups of people, fundraises.
• Advertising that otherwise jeopardizes The Mirror’s nonprofit and nonpartisan status.
• Payment is required in advance for first-time advertisers.
The Connecticut Mirror maintains a clear separation between its news decision-making and advertising, corporate sponsorship, and donor contributions.
Advertising content does not reflect the editorial policy of The Connecticut Mirror or the corporate policy of The Connecticut News Project, Inc.
To learn more about advertising opportunities, including rates, please contact our Publisher, Bruce Putterman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-218-6380.
CT Mirror reporters frequently speak to civic, corporate, association, and other groups around the state and to moderate discussion panels.
Given the small size of our nonprofit organization and the expertise and value that our reporters bring to event audiences we request an honorarium for CT Mirror reporter speaking appearances at non-media events. The amount of the honorarium and time of day requirements differ by reporter.
If you are interested in a CT Mirror reporter speaking at or moderating your event, please contact our Publisher, Bruce Putterman, at email@example.com or 860-218-6380.