Here are some recent examples of the impact of CT Mirror’s work:
- Our housing reporting over the last two years was a major driver of the conversations about exclusionary zoning at the capitol and at suburban town council meetings around the state this winter and spring.
- Our young data reporter challenged the state’s initial contention that there was no white / Hispanic inequity in vaccine distribution, which the state ultimately walked back.
- A CT Supreme Court majority opinion on emergency gubernatorial powers during Covid recently cited a CT Mirror story about the state’s economic prospects.
- In this year of federal stimulus, Covid spending, and surprisingly robust tax receipts we continue to publish explanatory journalism about a state budget that has even more moving parts than it usually does.
- We recently published the first three stories in a twelve-part long-form series on the impact of climate change in CT.