About CT Mirror
- The Connecticut Mirror’s mission is to produce original, in-depth, nonpartisan journalism that informs Connecticut residents about the impact of public policy, holds government accountable, and amplifies diverse voices and perspectives.
- Successfully advancing this mission will result in more informed and politically engaged residents, greater transparency in policy-making, and a stronger democracy.
- CT Mirror is nonprofit, non-partisan, and digital only.
- We cover a range of public policy topics including the state budget, politics, education, health, justice, environment, legislation, and other areas of public policy.
- CT Mirror’s staff of eight full-time journalists and two regular contributors includes award-winning editors and reporters with decades of experience in Connecticut newsrooms or working for other national or state news operations.
- Our staff also includes a publisher who handles business and operations and an Assistant Editor who provides editorial support and manages CT Viewpoints, Connecticut’s only statewide reader opinion page.
- We are the only state news organization with a full-time reporter in Washington, D.C. dedicated to Connecticut.
- 90% of CT Mirror revenue comes from reader donations.
- The 12 largest daily newspapers in Connecticut purchase and use CT Mirror content.