About CT Mirror
- The Connecticut Mirror’s mission is to increase the level of civic engagement among the state’s residents so that they can more effectively participate in the development of public policy and hold public officials accountable for understanding and addressing the state’s needs.
- Successfully advancing this mission will result in more informed and politically engaged residents, greater transparency in policy-making, and a stronger democracy.
- CT Mirror is nonprofit, non-partisan, and digital only.
- We cover a range of public policy topics including the state budget, politics, education, health, justice, environment, legislation, and other areas of public policy.
- CT Mirror’s staff of eight full-time journalists and two regular contributors includes award-winning editors and reporters with decades of experience in Connecticut newsrooms or working for other national or state news operations.
- Our staff also includes a publisher who handles business and operations and an Assistant Editor who provides editorial support and manages CT Viewpoints, Connecticut’s only statewide reader opinion page.
- We are the only state news organization with a full-time reporter in Washington, D.C. dedicated to Connecticut.
- 90% of CT Mirror revenue comes from reader donations.
- Every traditional daily newspaper in Connecticut except for one purchases and uses CT Mirror content.