Advertising and Sponsorship
The Connecticut Mirror accepts a variety of “underwriting” messages (i.e., advertising) that align with our mission of informing and promoting civic engagement.
CT Mirror is one of the most trusted and reliable source for accurate, in-depth news about public policy in Connecticut. It has become a leadership journalism brand that frequently shapes the policy and political dialogue in the state. It is an important and extremely efficient part of any attempt to reach an audience of highly-educated, civically-engaged, information-seeking policy-makers, influencers, and leaders.
Forms of underwriting that are available include:
- Sponsored Content – high-impact banners in the CT Mirror editorial well that links to custom content on a specially-created microsite.
- Sponsored Headlines – high impact banners in the CT Mirror editorial well that links to an existing web site.
- Display Advertising – standard advertising sizes on the top of CT Mirror pages, on the right “ad rail,” or in-story within the CT Mirror editorial well (available at 100% or 50% rotation per week).
- Mission Sponsorship – logo and listing on a CT Mirror sponsorship page ($1,000 per year)
- Remnant Advertising – discounted rates on advertising for nonprofits when inventory is available ($200 per week).
- Custom sponsorships
The Connecticut Mirror maintains a clear separation between its news decision-making and advertising, corporate sponsorship, and donor contributions. Advertising content does not reflect the editorial policy of The Connecticut Mirror or the corporate policy of The Connecticut News Project, Inc.
Advertising is sold on a non-discriminatory basis. To learn more about advertising opportunities, including rates, please contact our Publisher, Bruce Putterman, at email@example.com or 860-218-6380.
Advertising Acceptability Guidelines
All “underwriting” messages are subject to these guidelines:
- All advertising must include a brand name or the name of the organization paying for the ad.
- Maximum served advertising file size is 250 KB. Images cannot be pixelated.
- CT Mirror reserves the right to label an advertisement with the word “advertisement” when, in its opinion, this is necessary to make clear the distinction between editorial material and advertising.
- Advertising is sold on a non-discriminatory basis.
- CT Mirror does not accept advertising on behalf of or in opposition to a candidate or slate of candidates for elective office, whether placed by a candidate, political party, PAC, corporation, individual or other entity. This prohibition also applies to issue-based advertising that is closely identified with a particular candidate or candidates.
- CT Mirror reserves the right to refuse any advertising for any reason at its sole discretion. Reasons for declining advertising include but are not limited to:
- Advertising that is misleading, inaccurate or fraudulent, makes unfair competitive claims, or that fails to comply with its standards of decency.
- Advertising that violates laws dealing with such matters as libel, copyright and trademark, the right to privacy, the sale of securities, and the sale of real estate.
- Advertising that attacks other people or groups of people, fundraises.
- Advertising that otherwise jeopardizes CT Mirror’s nonprofit and nonpartisan status.
- Web resolution JPEG or PNG ad and associated link are due 48 hours prior to your desired start date.
- We offer a 10% discount to advertisers who advertise with CT Mirror for six or more weeks per year.
- Payment is required in advance for first-time advertisers.