Advertising and Sponsorship
The Connecticut Mirror is one of the most trusted and reliable sources for accurate, in-depth news about public policy in Connecticut. It has become a leadership journalism brand that frequently shapes the policy and political dialogue in the state. It is an important and extremely efficient part of any attempt to reach an audience of highly-educated, civically-engaged, information-seeking policy-makers, influencers, and leaders.
CT Mirror accepts several “underwriting” (i.e., advertising) options:
- Sponsored Content – high-impact advertising banners in the CT Mirroreditorial well, headlines in CT Mirror’s daily newsletter, and content in CT Mirror’s social media streams that link to custom storytelling, explanatory or multi-media content you create and that that resides on a specially-created microsite in CT Mirror’s trusted environment and is fully disclosed as paid content.
- Display Advertising – standard advertising sizes on the top of CT Mirrorpages, on the right “ad rail,” or in-story within the CT Mirroreditorial well (available at 100% or 50% rotation per week).
- Mission Sponsorship – logo and listing on a CT Mirrorsponsorship page ($1,000 per year).
- Remnant Advertising – discounted rates on advertising for nonprofits when inventory is available ($200 per week).
- Custom sponsorships – any of the above paired with sponsorship of CT Mirror’s “Steady Habits” podcast or our year-long constellation of live and virtual events.
Connecticut Mirror news decision-making occurs entirely independently of underwriting, advertising, sponsorship, and donor relationships, as described in the American Press Institute’s Guiding Principles for Funders of Nonprofit Media.
Underwriting content does not reflect the editorial policy of The Connecticut Mirror or the corporate policy of The Connecticut News Project, Inc.
Underwriting is sold on a non-discriminatory basis.
Please see our 2021 Media Kit for more information. If you have any questions about the media kit, to explore custom sponsored content opportunities, or to place an order, please contact Publisher Bruce Putterman at 860-218-6380 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Acceptability Guidelines
All “underwriting” messages are subject to these guidelines:
- All ads must include a brand name or the name of the organization paying for the ad.
- CT Mirror reserves the right to label an advertisement with the word “advertisement” when, in its opinion, this is necessary to make clear the distinction between editorial material and advertising.
- CT Mirror does not accept advertising on behalf of or in opposition to a candidate or slate of candidates for elective office, whether placed by a candidate, political party, PAC, corporation, individual or other entity. This prohibition also applies to issue-based advertising that is closely identified with a particular candidate or candidates.
- CT Mirror reserves the right to refuse any advertising for any reason at its sole discretion. Reasons for declining advertising include but are not limited to:
- Advertising that is misleading, inaccurate or fraudulent, makes unfair competitive claims, or that fails to comply with its standards of decency.
- Advertising that violates laws dealing with such matters as libel, copyright and trademark, the right to privacy, the sale of securities, and the sale of real estate.
- Advertising that attacks other people or groups of people.
- Advertising that fundraises.
- Advertising that otherwise jeopardizes CT Mirror’s nonprofit and nonpartisan status.
- Maximum served file size is 250 KB. Images cannot be pixelated.
- Web resolution JPEG or PNG ad and associated link are due 48 hours prior to your desired start date.
- If you would like to place an order, we will forward an insertion order for your signature.
- Payment is required in advance for first-time advertisers.