List: Connecticut Air Control Tower Closures Due to Sequester
By: Georgia Lobb
Last week, the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) released a final list of the 149 Airports that will lose air control towers due to the recent sequester.
In Connecticut, the following six air control towers will be shut down (starting April 7th):
– Brainard Airport in Hartford (HFD)
– Danbury Municipal Airport in Danbury (DXR)
– Groton-New London Airport in Groton (GON)
– Sikorsky Memorial Airport in Stratford (BDR)
– Tweed New Haven Airport in New Haven (HVN)
– Waterbury-Oxford in Oxford (OXC)
Sign up for CT Mirror's free daily news summary.
Free to Read. Not Free to Produce.
The Connecticut Mirror is a nonprofit newsroom. 90% of our revenue comes from people like you. If you value our reporting please consider making a donation. You'll enjoy reading CT Mirror even more knowing you helped make it happen.YES, I'LL DONATE TODAY